Activity of cardiomyocytes in a culture plate can be measured without staining and invasion. Result is displayed in real time in a waveform, and number of beats and contraction time are automatically detected with a single button. Built-in temperature control and plate moving mechanism. It is small and lightweight making it ideal for personal use.
- Automatic Detection of Cardiomyocyte Beating for Assay
- Automatic detection of cardiomyocyte beating and contraction time
- Just place a culture plate without fluorescent dye and electrode
- Real-time automatic detection for multiwell plate
- Count of number of beats of cultured cardiomyocytes
- Confirmation of differentiation of iPS-derived cardiomyocytes
- Cardiotoxicity assay for new drug candidates
- Simple measurement of membrane potential using voltage-sensitive dye (option)
Cardio Intrinsic Optical Signal Acquisition System CIOS8
- Main body of CIOS8 with the cover
- Data acquisition results displayed on the software
- Data acquisition results of cultured cardiomyocytes
- Number of beats per minute
- Cycle time of waveform
- Width of waveform (Approximately 80%)
- Time from rise of waveform to peak
- Height from baseline to peak (16-bit signed integer)
Method and Principle of Measurement
The principle of measurement of activities is quite simple.
It is well known that cell activities change light scattering, and beating cardiomyocytes show larger changes by beating activities.
LED under cultureware illuminates sample at low angle. The scattered light reflected from cells is detected by photo-diode, then only change component is amplified and extracted as activity signal.
The extracted signal is digitized and amplified thousands of times, or tens of thousands of times. Then, cardiac activities are recognized by numeral process.
Structure of CIOS8
- All of light source, photo-detector, signal processing circuit, temperature control stage are built in main unit
- Motorized well-plate carrier. 3 rows can be measured at same time. Since well-plate is moved right and left by the motorized well- plate carrier , 96 wells can be measured (8-wells x 3 rows x 4 ). This allows to measure cardiomyocytes activity under stable conditions without opening the lid.
|Product Name||Cardio Intrinsic Optical Signal Acquisition System CIOS8|
|Model||Cardio Intrinsic Optical Signal Acquisition System CIOS8|
|System Configuration||CIOS8, USB2.0 cable, AC adaptor (x2), Control software|
|Available Plate||Culture plate with 96-wells or less
(Any manufacturer's culture plate can be used)
|Mechanism for Plate Movement||Electrical carrier|
|Detectable item||Number of heart beat, Contraction time|
|Control PC||Windows 7/10 64bit Recommended|
|Recommended operating condition||Temperature range: 20℃ - 30℃, Humidity range: 30% - 80%|
|Dimension||185mm (W) x 115mm (D) x 75mm (H)|
|Power supply||AD24V1A (x2)|
* All products are made in Japan.