Updates from Ver.1201
1. Additions in Analysis Functions - Available for MiCAM ULTIMA, MiCAM02, MiCAM01 data
|1-1||New function for [Extract ROI]||
・ Applies calculation for normalization (dF/Fmax, located in the [Calculation] tab page) only to specified ROI (region of interest) and then creates new data.|
・ From this version, ROI can be specified not only with polygon, but also with rectangle and circle.
|1-2||New function to automatically calculate FWHM value in the [Stripe Map]||・ Calculates FWHM (full width at half maximum) and shows the value in um unit.|
・ New button to export FWHM values for all frames in a CSV file was also newly added.
|1-3||New function for [Wave of ROI/Line]||・ From this version, ROI can be specified with rectangle and oval shape.|
|1-4||New funciton for customizing (rearranging) lineup of icons on the tool bar.||Users can select icons that should be displayed on the tool bar by themselves.
This allows to show only heavily-used icons and hide less frequently used icons.
|1-5||New function to normalize differential values with any light intensity value that is manually specified.||New button [dF/Fsp] was added on the [Calculation] tab page. By pushing this [dF/Fsp] button, differential values are normalized with a value inputted in the [Fsp] textbox next to the [dF/Fsp] button.|
|1-6||Others and bug fixes||
・ Resolved an issue that external analog input data is not inherited from original data to newly created data when the [change data size and time] on the pop-up menu is executed.
・ From this version, point for displaying waveform can be moved to adjacent pixel by pressing [↑][↓][→][←].
・ Setting for wave color can be inherited from original setting when [Apply All for wave point] on the pop-up menu is executed.
・ Fixed a bug that happens when "rsd" file (data file for MiCAM ULTIMA) is loaded on the BV_Ana with the [compact 2048 frm] checkbox selected.
・ The [simple csv (raw data)] function was added to the [Movie Export] button. The raw data which does not do division by the number of times of averaging is outputted.
2. Additions in Acquisition Function (Available only for MiCAM02)
|2-1||New funtion to acquire data from each trial and show data on the canvas window even during averaging trial||With new function, user can get not only avaraged data, but also each (non-averaged) data when averaging time is more than 1. This is useful since user can remove any data after data acquisition.|
|2-2||New function to monitor a folder in sequencer (auto execution) function
(Function to rewrite sequencer commands by using external file)
|Select a folder (folder path) which is monitored in sequencer function.
If this folder contains files, sequencer loads scripts from the file and executes automatically.
|2-3||New commands for sequencer function||Three commands were newly added to sequencer function.
・ "data_header" - characters for header of data name
・ "data_nextno" - serial number that is automatically put for data name
・ "pls_delay_set_frm" - pulse delay time specified with frame number
|2-4||New operation saved in a log file.||From this version, the following operations can be saved in a log file while the [Log Save] is executed.
・ Value in the [header] on the [Data name] area is saved when mouse is out from the [header] textbox.
・ Value in the [nextNo.] on the [Data name] area is saved when mouse is out from the [nextNo.] textbox.
・ ON/OFF of the [delay set in frame] checkbox on the [Digital Output] area is saved.
|2-5||Others and bug fixes||・ Fixed a bug that the [Delay set in frame] checkbox for "Channel 2" woks conversely.
・ When monitor images from dual camera are saved in *.gsd format by the [Image Save] button, images from both camera can be saved.
● [dF/Fmax] calculation was added to the [Extract ROI] function.
This new function is to apply calculation for normalization (dF/Fmax, same as located in the [Calculation] tab page) only to specified ROI (region of interest) and then, create new data. The [Create new data (dF/Fmax)] button was added on the [Extract ROI] window. When users specify any ROI by using mouse drag, maximum value of light insensity in the specified ROI can be shown below the [Create new data (dF/Fmax)]. Users can change this value manually.
After setting value (%) in the [Threshold] and pushing the [Create new data( dF/Fmax)] button, new data processed with the following calculation can be created on the canvas window.
value in the [Fmax] textbox = "Fmax"
value in the [Threshold] textbox = "a"
light intensity value of background image on pixel (x, y)="F(x, y)"
differential value on pixel (x, y) at frame t ="D(t, x, y)"
・ If pixel (x, y) is outside of specified ROI, D(t, x, y) = 0
・ If pixel (x, y) is inside of specified ROI,
when F(x, y) / Fmax < a/100, D(t, x, y) = 0
when F(x, y) / Fmax >= a/100, D(t, x, y) = D(t, x, y) * Fmax/F(x, y)
● From this version, ROI can be specified with polygon / rectangle / circle.
When [Rectangle] is selected, a rectangle with red border is displayed on an image. Users can change position and shape of a rectangle by moving green cursors at left upper part and right bottom part, or by manually inputting coordinates into [Left-Top] text boxes or [Right-Bottom] text boxes and then, pushing the [Set] button.
When [Circle] is selected, circle with red border is displayed on an image. Users can move a circle by mouse-dragging a center of a circle. Coordinates and radius of a circle can be changed by inputting values into [Center][Radius] and then, pushing [Set] button.
After specifying ROI, push the [Create New Data] button or [Create New Data(dF/Fmax)] button to create new data including data only in a specified ROI.
● FWHM(full width at half maximum) is the difference between the two extreme values of the independent variable at which the dependent variable is equal to half of its maximum value.
● New function to calculate a FWHM value was added to a wave chart displayed when the [display wave chart at frame(time)] checkbox on the [Strip Map] window is ON. A FWHM value can be calculated and displayed when the [FWHM] checkbox on the [Strip Map] sub window, which is displayed by selecting the [display wave chart at frame(time)] checkbox, is ON. A width is shown with red line on a wave chart. When FWHM value can not be calculated, any value is not displayed.
● A displayed wave chart indicates data at one frame. On the other hand, with the [FWHM CSV Export(All Frm)] button, FWHM values in the range of all frames can be exported together into a CSV file.
(Example of Exported File)
Differential values on each pixel at each frame are also exported into a CSV file.
● From this version, [rectangle] and [oval] were added as options for specifying ROI on the [Display window for wave of ROI/Line] window in addition to [Line] and [Polygon].
● Click on the (2) list to select No. of wave.
Select type of ROI from the [Select Type] listbox.
When [rectangle] or [oval] is selected, drag a mouse from right upper to left bottom. And then, drag a point at right upper and a point at left bottom to change a shape of ROI.
Other functions are the same as those when [line] or [polygon] is selected.
● Users can select icons that should be displayed on the tool bar by themselves. The [User Customize Toolbar] button was added in the [User Select] window that is opened by selecting the [File]-[User Select] from the main menu. After pushing the [User Customize Toolbar] button, the following window can be shown.
● Icons for the tool bar can be listed. Select icons that should be displayed on the tool bar by selecting check boxes. The [All On/Off] button allows all checkboxes to turn ON/OFF simultaneously. After selecting icons, push the [Apply for Toolbar] button to rearrange icons on the tool bar.
● In order to return to default arrangement of icons, push the [Return to Default] button.
● Setting for arrangement on tool bar can be saved for every registered user. Information about icons arrangement is saved in "USERNAME_toolbar.txt" which is located in "c:/Brainvision\ini" folder as default. From next time to start up, this file is automatically loaded and setting is applied.
● With new function, user can get not only avaraged data, but also each trial (non-averaged) data when averaging time is more than 1.
● [+ each data] checkbox was added below the [Average] text box on the [Acquisition] tab page.When the [+ each data] checkbox is ON, each trial data can be kept at every trials during averaging. When the [+ each data] checkbox is OFF, only averaged data is acquired (this is the same as before).
● [+ each data] checkbox is available when "Single" or "Stim-NoStim" or "NoStim-Stim" is selected from the [Page Mode] listbox.
When "Seq.Multi" or "Random Multi" is selected, this [+ each data] is NOT available.
● When the [+ each data] checkbox is ON, data name is automatically provided by following the rules below.
Data Name for Averaged Data
"Header" + "YYMMDD" + "Serial No." + "A"/"B" + "_ave"
Data Name for Each Trial Data
"Header" + "YYMMDD" + "Serial No." + "A"/"B" + "_" + "Number of Trials"
(ex) When averaging time=4, 5 data will be created as follows.
● New command was added for sequencer function. The following command works in the same way as above.
get_each_data = 1
● In the function to save histories for setting on the [acquisition] tab page, selection of [+ each data] checkbox can be saved in a log file as follows.
get_ecah_data = 1/0
● The [Monitoring in Folder] checkbox and the text area indicating a folder path were newly added on the [Auto Exec by sequencer] window. Select a monitored folder and show a folder path in the text area. If the [Monitoring in Folder] checkbox is ON, and a file, which was updated or created after time when the the [Monitoring in Folder] checkbox is ON, is placed in a specified folder, the followings can be executed.
・ Normal File
Loaded in the [AutoExec] window as a sequencer file. And then start sequencer.
・ File of "AutoExecStart.***" file name
Sequencer is automatically executed by using commands listed in the [AutoExec] area.
・ File of "AutoExecAbort.***" file name
Sequencer is automatically stopped.
Contents in "AutoExecStart" file and "AutoExecAbort" file do not effect a sequencer. Only file names can be valid and used as commands for starting/aborting sequencer function.